[KDE-India] Re: Airtel mobile broadband settings?

Dinesh saidinesh5 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 19:03:33 CEST 2010

Hi Kishore,

If I am not mistaken, Bluetooth dial up networking (finally!) landed
in Bluedevil just a few days ago. So try updating bluedevil(haven't
yet tested it) or try the gtk app. called Blueman(its awesome!): it
lets you try use your phone's bluetooth dun profile with/without
network manager support(checkout ppp plugin). All you need is *99# and
airtelgprs.com.
Good luck (Y)
Dinesh

> Have any of you set up a mobile broadband connection to airtel with Nokia
> phone?
>
> I have the Nokia 5233 and have the "mobile office" setup. I am currently
> running on kubuntu 10.10 (Maverick). Im not really able to get the
> connection to work with my PC. The phone appears to be detected (but dmesg
> shows the error "cdc_phonet: probe of 1-5:1.10 failed with error -22")
>
> I have setup the number as *99***1#, APN as airtelgprs.com. When i attempt
> connecting, it (NetworkManager plasma widget) momentarily flashes with
> "preparing to connect" and goes back to disconnected.
>
> Any idea how i can get this working? Internet is working directly on the
> phone. Im on KDE 4.5.2
> --
> Cheers!
> Kishore