[KDE-India] Fwd: [fedora-india] [Fwd: [blug-non-tech] FOSS.IN/2008: The Omelette Post :)]

Manish Chakravarty manishchaks at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 20:14:00 CEST 2008

[...snip...]
> Yeah. Today we don't have a foss 'community'. We have a foss 'market'.
I completely agree.  While I follow this (and many other ) FOSS
mailing lists closely and refrain from commenting on flames, i could
not help myself as I have strong feelings on this matter.

Without meaning or wanting to take any credit away from foss.in or the
effort put in by it's organizers, the truth is clear: FOSS.in wants to
differentiate itself from other foss conferences in India. Or else is
risks getting overtaken. Not tomorrow but in due course of time. So
this heavy emphasis on the defn of "contributors" etc.

No one can force you to come to foss.in.

I will attend, out of choice , just to meet some really fine Open
Source geeks with an aim to share knowledge and catch up with them.
Not because of the presence or absence of talks or their defn of
"contributors"

my .967585874 Rs => my 2 cents

Best,
Manish Chakravarty