[KDE-India] Fwd: [fedora-india] [Fwd: [blug-non-tech] FOSS.IN/2008: The Omelette Post :)]

Rajeev J Sebastian rajeev.sebastian at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 18:58:43 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 8:51 AM, Kartik Mistry <kartik.mistry at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 2:15 AM, Aditya Godbole <aag.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  Hmm. Also I still haven't been
>> given an acceptable definition of 'contributor'.
>
> (fixed _topic)
>
> Contributors are contributors. Don't accept others definitions and
> just contribute what you are doing. Omelette post obviously says that
> translators, packagers (Debian/Ubuntu/Fedora/Any distro developers),
> patch submitters, bug hunters are/will not count as eligible
> contributors in foss.in/2008.

Personally, I feel this is a great step taken by the floss team. So
Kudos to them. And yes the aforementioned do not seem to be *eligible*
contributors for the *meet*, even though their contribution are indeed
real, true, appreciated and welcome contributions (umm ... except for
patch submitters who do seem to be eligible in some way, depending on
what you mean by "patch").

For a country with the second largest population in the world, and
supposedly also a "software powerhouse" as per various trade
magazines, our level of engagement with FLOSS has been far too low ...
where are all the Pradeeptos and Gopals of India ? *That* is why this
is important.

Regards
Rajeev J Sebastian