[KDE-India] [Tutorial] Compile C, CPP, Java programs using Kate & Newbie Knoppix guide

Roshan d_rosh2001 at yahoo.co.in
Sun Jan 13 05:44:28 CET 2008

All,

/me thinks, he's forgotten, what he's supposed to do. But that is good
in a way :)

Long time back, I had written tutorial on compiling C, CPP, Java
programs using Kate (my fav. editor). [1]

Since, I started my journey with wiping off my disk of the Windows
bootloader and with Redhat 9, it was a risk to suggest my friends
Redhat 9 initally, since I didn't have much technical knowledge back in
2004 about installing *nix based OSes.

Later sometime, I discovered Knoppix in early 2005, and wrote a
tutorial[2]  for a newbie to avoid the hassles of installing *nix and
wiping of the disk. (Ofcourse, in a way, one would learn more, by
experimenting)
This is intended for those, who are still skeptic about wiping their
windows installation even with a guided installation procedure. Much
talking done, the article links are available as footnotes to this
email.
Main Link: http://www.kde.in/index.php/Tutorials

[1]:
http://db.glug-bom.org/wiki/index.php/Compile_C_CPP_and_Java_programs_using_Kate