[KDE-India] My Intro

Pradeepto Bhattacharya pradeeptob at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 04:12:23 CET 2008

Hi Gopala,

On Jan 13, 2008 1:00 AM, Gopala Krishna <krishna.ggk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>  You guys have really been awesome. The recent developments of
> kde-india is inspiring.

               Yups,  thanks to lots of new blood.

> Unfortunately i have been sitting dumb in this list for a few months
> due to my exams and college activities. I couldn't even make it to
> foss.in residing in Bangalore :(

                Yes, missing foss.in is not a good idea, I must admit
unless you are getting married or such :P. Exams suck anyway.

> Anyway here atleast i have decided to be a bit more active , so here
> goes my intro.
>
> My name is Gopala Krishna and i am 2nd year engineering student in
> PESIT (info science)
> I have been porting an electronics simulator tool called qucs[1] from
> qt3 to qt4. Infact i have been doing that since quite a long time and
> am really enjoying process of learning(slow but hopefully deep). I am
> particularly excited about the introduction of xml, svg, graphicview
> technologies in the port.
> The port isn't ready yet as it is short of man power but i am
> determined to finish it soon.

             We have spoke before on irc, iirc. Qucs is really cool. I
have shown it to quite a few people, actually even to a group of
teachers/hods/VCs some few weeks back in meeting with University
Honchos from all over Maharashtra while I was showing lots of Qt/KDE
tools and applications. Roshan might remember it from a very short
Qucs demo in his college even. Anyway, one guy has been working on
Quch quick start notes/guide. It will be hosted on kde.in server when
done. Awesome work, Gopala. :). Btw, I think there are quite a few
people from PESIT on this list now.

              Cheers!

Pradeepto
--