[KDE-India] Our GCF Library won the 3rd Place in QtCentre World Wide Qt Developer Contest

Prashanth Udupa prashanth.udupa at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 07:04:56 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I want to share some news with you.

"Generic Component Framework" the foundation on which VTK Designer 2 sits,
won the 3rd place in the QtCentre Contest. This contest was announced
worldwide in the month of January and the contest officially ended in June.

GCF is a Qt based UI component framework on which VTK Designer is built. GCF
was in a very primitive stage when I submitted it for the contest. At that
time (build 102) it was only tested on Microsoft compilers and had a
peculiar build process, but now things are very mature.

When the finalists were put up I practically gave up because the other
entries were mature projects while GCF had about 2 months of effort (I had
sent GCF build 102 for the contest today we have GCF build 590) put in at
that time and it was not well tested (atleast on Linux as they rightly
pointed out). Today GCF is in a much mature stage thanks to the VTK Designer
project.

Anyways, it was very cool to see a mention of GCF in the final results
page<http://contest.qtcentre.org/results>.
I am very happy to say that it won the 3rd place in the contest.

To see the results visit: http://contest.qtcentre.org/results

As a result of all this I hope I will get Johan's book Foundations of Qt(r)
Development <http://www.apress.com/book/view/1590598318>.

I have put up some videos about "VTK Designer 2" in here. I would like to
request you to take a look at it sometime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcFAXxjwZLA and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRC9BpXec7s and

http://vcreatelogic.com/oss/vtkdesigner/vtkdesigner2.html

Best Regards,