[KDE-India] [CROSS-POST] [ANNOUCE]: KDE 4.0 Beta 2 Released!

Piyush Verma piyush.verma at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 15:25:46 CEST 2007

Man .... i just Noticed i am sounding snobbish like my mentor..NO Offences
to Mentor ;)
I absolutely agree, .... with the fact there is more work in laying the
foundations than brushing the cliff-top :-)
and acknolwdging the effort of every Kde developer and Kdevelop
developer[:D] as well,
KDE is indded one of the best orgranisations to work with ...
Since people do fall short of time at times, things getting delyed doesn
cause them to be abandoned .....
and we may "announce" it, KDE4 is indeed the next best open source thing.

and yes for the Python support, some internal recoding causes a delay but i
will sooon be working on it again.

Lastly, Its good to see the List in action ... :)

On 9/8/07, Pradeepto Bhattacharya <pradeeptob at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 9/7/07, Piyush Verma <piyush.verma at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hmm, I tried Using it as well....Unfortunately its just the screenshots
> that
> > look good.  Long way to go for atleast a "working" Desktop. and trust i
> was
> > pretty dis-appointed as i am already expecting lot out of it.
>
>       OMG! You speak *exactly* like your SoC mentor ;).
>
>       Anyways, this has been dealt with already. Its a work in
> progress code. Afaics, everybody is working really hard on it. And as
> you might know release dates has been modified to tackle all these
> issues. I don't really see why you have to be disappointed at all.
> And like Sirtaj said, the awesome work that has happened underneath
> the whole KDE 4 "platform" is just awesome. I am sure you will not be
> disappointed in future.
>
>        Cheers!
>

> Pradeepto
> --