[KDE-India] Qt 4.2 Tech Preview available

Pradeepto Bhattacharya pradeeptob at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 16:13:02 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 7/2/06, Sirtaj Singh Kang <taj at kde.org> wrote:
> For the developmentally-minded - the tech preview for Qt 4.2 is available
> at http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/qt4-2-intro.html

      Oh and btw this version has QtDBus bindings [1] as well. I am
very happy about this because I have been asked about this before.
"What is KDE doing about moving to DBus?" Apparently DCOP has been a
long time trustworthy friend of KDE hence this is really a very
important move for KDE.

      Some of you must surely follow the dot and the core-devel list
then you must be aware of the fact that a huge porting effort
underwent sometime back as far as kdelibs from trunk ( the unstable
version that will become KDE4 eventually ) is concerned  - dbus based
kdelibs was merged with kdelibs. And as I write this quite more than
20 core KDE hackers are hacking their way to KDE4 goodness at Trysil,
Norway. More power to them :)

      [1]  http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/qtdbus.html

       Btw, you will need 0.62 version of DBUS for this, iirc.

       Cheers!

Pradeepto
--
The KDE Project : http://www.kde.org