[KDE-India] Good Morning KDE-India

Amit Shah shahamit at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 05:50:22 CET 2006

On 1/21/06, Pradeepto Bhattacharya <pradeeptob at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,

[..]

> So I thought I should ask one person who probably knows
> more about this particular law/code than most of us. He goes by the
> name of Mr. Naveen Jindal (Member Of Parliament,  Kurukshetra,
> Harayana). I am sure most of us know that it was Mr. Naveen Jindal's
> efforts that we can fly our beloved Tri-Colour on the top of our
> buildings, office and other places provided we follow some rules - The
> Flag Code Of India.

> and what not. Then one fine day somebody from his office told me that
> I should be contacting Cmdr (retd) K.V.Singh since it is him who
> handles the Flag Code part for Mr. Naveen Jindal.
>
>       I called him up and requested him help me understand the  Flag
> Code Of India. Oh Man was he helpful or what? Simply amazing. Just
> asked me what exactly I am going to use it for? Is it for upcoming
> 26th January - The Republic Day - ? I filled him with the information.
> And then he told me a few points  that was almost like enlightenment -

>       I present to you the modified design in the mail as an
> attachment. The design in the bottom of the image is one I have been
> talking about.
>
>        Thank you Ken, thank you everybody. Sincerely appreciate any
> and all your efforts to take KDE-India forward.

That's great; thanks all!

I'm not sure if this is the right time to jump in and ask for more
changes. Both the designs look okay, but I have a few cosmetic
suggestions. The 2nd design (the one on the white background) has the
K sticking out rather prominently. Can it be subdued a bit? And
slightly smaller as well..

Great work by all..

Amit.
--