[KDE-India] installing desktop_*.po?

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 06:00:28 CET 2006

Vivek Rai said on Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 02:33:01PM +0000,:

 > while doing some  translations of kopete to hindi,  i realised that
 > some  of  the strings  were  being picked  up  from  a file  called
 > desktop_kdenetwork.po.

Hope  you are  co-ordinating this  with the  teams already  working on
Indic  translation; and  geuss  you  will be  better  off asking  this
question the indlinux list - see
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/indlinux-group

 > Does anybody know how to build the deskop files from the desktop.po files?
 > and how does this all work?

Hmm.. there is  some confusion - you should  be translating files with
the extension  .pot; you do not  (cannot) build anything  from the .po
files.

 > did a quick search on google, but got plenty of irrelevent results.

Search for kde translation.

 > I saw a script under the l10n/scripts directory apparently doing the same,
 > but the steps for installation, and the way to call this script arent clear
 > to me..

/me scratches head

You want to build the files  for translating from sources? Or you want
to  install  the  translated  .po  file?  (once  again,  googling  for
localisation will help)
also see:-
http://www.ncst.ernet.in/groups/research/oss/downloads/localisation/localisation-guide.pdf

--
Mahesh T. Pai

Free Software - it is free as in FREEDOM