[KDE-India] Packaging KDevelop project

Pradeepto Bhattacharya pradeeptob at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 08:45:46 CET 2006

Hi,

> On Wednesday 18 January 2006 12:25, Aditya Mooley wrote:
> > Our first beta release of Koppermine is now ready.
> > But we are not able to create a package which compiles properly using
> > Distribution & Publishing option in KDevelop.

         I can help you create a debian package for Koppermine. Just
email me a tar ball of clean sources. Oh well, I might even try a rpm
package but I am sure there are others who can do that better as I
have never done that before.

> > Right now, if I compile the project from within KDevelop using Debug mode
> > it compiles and runs as expected.
> > However, it does not compile in default and optimized mode.
> >
> > Here is a tarball of the complete project directory ->
> > http://sanisoft-demo.com/kdeDev/koppermine.tar.gz

          Ooops I will d/l the source myself. No need to email.

> > Would be grateful if someone could guide me on how to go about distributing
> > my code.

          If you want I mail you simple instructions on HOWTO make
debian packages instead of me doing the same. I am alright with all
options, its your call now. Ofcourse you need to have either of these
Debian or a debian based box up and running at your end.

> I tried to compile. The issue is that kio is not being linked in (something
> like  -lkio ).

          @ Rajeev : Well lkio is a part of the KDE library. Just
include that in your linking options, there is a place in the KDevelop
Project Options ( or something like that to do that). and if it still
doesnot work then perhaps kdelibs are installed properly or something.
You might want to edit the Makefile.am yourself. Just add lkio to the
*_la_LDFLAGS section to the Makefile.am and do a rebuild.

> Does koppermine only depend on kde stuff, or other packages as well ?

          You need to have Coppermine, I am sure.

          Cheers! :)

Pradeepto