[KDE-India] KDE programing lists

Aditya Mooley aditya.ml at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 07:04:39 CET 2006

On 1/11/06, Till Adam <adam at kde.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 11 January 2006 13:37, Pradeepto Bhattacharya wrote:
> > Hi Aditya,
> >
> > >  I now have problems with KIO::http_post. I really don't want to
> bother
> > > this list.
> >
> >    You were not bothering anybody, thats for sure :)
>
> I agree that such questions are not terribly off-topic on this list, which
> isn't too busy yet. I'm kind of guessing that it might motivate others to
> come forward with their questions, even if they think they are newbie and
> stupid, to have such traffice on this list and in the archives. But of
> course
> you are free to post to kde-devel as well. Or both. Just my 0.2 Euro, of
> course.

Thanks Pradeepto and Till.
Here's what I am trying to do:

QByteArray array;
QBuffer buffer(array);
QTextStream textStream(&buffer);
textStream.setEncoding(QTextStream::UnicodeUTF8);
textStream << dd << boundary << crlf;
buffer.close();
KIO::TransferJob *job = KIO::http_post(url, array, false);
job->addMetaData("content-type", "Content-Type: multipart/form-data;
boundary=" + boundary);

I have include kio/job.h to get the KIO namespace.
But I am getting following warning:

undefined reference to `KIO::http_post(KURL const&, QMemArray<char> const&,
bool)'
undefined reference to `KIO::Job::addMetaData(QString const&, QString
const&)'

The second argument required for http_post should be of type QByteArray and
my variable array is of that type but still it is considered as an object of
QMemArray.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

--
Aditya