[KDE-India] A proposal for KDE-India's logo

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 06:26:04 CET 2006

Namaste group.

Since I signed up to the list only yesterday and am just finishing browsing
through the list archives, I would like to contribute my thoughts to the
KDE-India logo ideas:

So far the graphically best and legally least-problematic suggestion seems to

Same day at 17:40 Mahesh Pai wrote:

> I deliberately  us the term  `probably' because if it  really applied,
> sportsmen could not use it on their dresses.

IIRC there *were* some legal problems as to whether the cricketers using the
India tricolour was legal and I think they had to get special permission.
Sorry for being vague but I do remember seeing something related to this in
the papers, a few months ago.

At 17:43 Atul Chitnis wrote:

> For example the letters KDE, each in a colour of the flag, resting on a
> large blue gear. Just stay away from anything flag-like.

This is a good suggestion, and Vinayak's suggestion about fits with staying

On Jan-07 09:11 Hetul Kothari wrote:

> another idea is also to have KDE written in Sanskrit / Devanagari fonts?
> would give is that special touch...what say?

You mean "ke dii ii"? I always find reading English words/letters written in
Indian scripts difficult. As I find reading Indian words written in Roman
script difficult. So I suggest abandoning that and add some motto, perhaps
from Sanskrit. Since I am reasonably knowledgeable with Sanskrit, I could
think of something if we have suggestions on the theme that should be
reflected from the quote. Most Indian organizations have such a Sanskrit
motto - like "satyam eva jayate", "yogakshemam vahaamyaham" etc.

--

Penguin #395953 resides at http://samvit.org
subsisting on SUSE Linux 10.0 with KDE 3.5