[KDE-India] Hello from a KDE weenie

Moinak Ghosh moinakg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 07:36:52 CET 2006

Hi Folks,

   I have newly joined KDE-India list and thought I will introduce my
briefly. Though I am new to this list, I am not new to KDE. I have been
using it for several years on Solaris, Linux, and even Windows (when I
was forced to work on it, via cygwin).

Now-a-days I work at SUN Microsystems in the Solaris Sustaining
Engineering team and of course prefer KDE as my daily desktop. I also
work on the BeleniX OpenSolaris distribution ( www.belenix.org) in my
spare time (includes Xfce and KDE).

KDE misses a bunch of functionality/features on the Solaris platform and
I intend to do my bit to fill in those gaps. To begin with I have some
patches from my efforts in compiling KDE on BeleniX, and subsequently
I will be looking at Kpackage, Kinfocenter etc. Obviously I'd also try to
contribute to KDE in general beyond the Solaris specific stuff.

Regards,
Moinak.