[KDE-India] Latest version of official QT book published

Pradeepto Bhattacharya pradeeptob at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 08:17:17 CEST 2006

Hi Karunakar,

On 8/1/06, G Karunakar <indlinux at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Anyone have the PDF link for old book... I dont mind reading 3.x
> stuff, since thats the version available on system.

          If you are seriously considering reading about Qt
development, please read programming with Qt4 instead of Qt3. In case
of PyQt please use PyQt4. I am sure most distributions have these
packages. The docs come with very good docs, tutorials and examples.
One of the main things to work on is "Interview" concepts which was
never there in Qt3.

          Karunakar, if you are still using Debian, this shouldnot be
a problem, I am sure Debian Testing/Unstable has Qt4/PyQt4 packages.
And in anycase you cal always build from source which is a better
option perhaps.

          Just for the sake of completeness ( I have said this here
before I think ), if you are building the Qt4.2 TP make sure you have
libdbus (v. 0.62 or better if available). I think in most cases one
would be find with Qt 4 (stable release) unless you want to test
QGraphicsView :) and some such.

          Cheers

Pradeepto
--