[KDE-India] Latest version of official QT book published

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 19:37:52 CEST 2006

On 8/1/06, G Karunakar <indlinux at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Anyone have the PDF link for old book... I dont mind reading 3.x
> stuff, since thats the version available on system.

http://www.phptr.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=0131240722&rl=1

Click on downloads under more information.

Now on looking more closely at the phptr website, I think that the Qt
4 book will not be published as PDF on the net, since it is not part
of the Bruce Perens' Open Source Series. Books belonging to this
series are released as PDF a few months after release as physical
book. Other books are not, I presume.

Look at:

http://www.phptr.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=0131872494&rl=1

and compare with previous URL to note that the Qt 3 book belongs to
the series and the Qt 4 book does not. (Hint: See below the authors'
names.)

I think this means we have to buy the book. But the Qt 3 book was
released by Pearson Education India a few months after the original
release in a low-price Indian version, printed here. I think it costed
me Rs 150 or something. Donno when such a copy will be release here,
however.

Shriramana Sharma.