[KDE-India] wvdial.conf for Indian ISP's

Vivek Rai vivek.rai at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 12:53:46 CET 2005

(This follows the kppp setup for ISP's).

I scanned a lot of Linux forums for preset values for setting up Indian ISP
connections. Most people seemed to prefer using wvdial.

I have come up with the followinng merged wvdial.conf after adding entries
for the ISP's for whom I could find any details.

If any of you have accounts with these ISP's, could you
confirm these please?

Cheers,
Vivek

[root at localhost src]# cat /etc/wvdial.conf

===
[Dialer ]

[Dialer Defaults]
Idle Seconds = 180

[Dialer BSNL]
Password = password
Phone = 172222
Username = your_name

[Dialer MTNL]
Password = xxx
Phone = 100
StupidMode = 1
Username = xyz

[Dialer TATA_IndiCom]
Username = internet
Password = internet
Phone = ####
Modem Type = Analog Modem
; Phone = <Target Phone Number>
; Username = <Your Login Name>
; Password = <Your Password>
ISDN = 0

[Dialer Reliance]
Init1 = AT+crm=1;$LGPKT=3
Username = XXXXXXXXXX
Password = XXXXXXXXXX
Phone = #777
Modem Type = Analog Modem
ISDN = 0
Stupid Mode = 1

[Dialer SIFY]
Phone = 172306
Username = username
Password = xxxx
New PPPD = yes
Init1 = ATZ
ISDN = 0
Modem Type = Analog Modem
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
Carrier Check = no
====