[KDE-india] First Question in KDE.IN

Pradeepto K Bhattacharya pradeepto at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 11 12:32:01 CET 2005

> On Sunday 11 December 2005 16:09, Yogesh M wrote:
> > Assuming you have installed it in /local/kde
> >
> > 1. Create .xinitrc in your home directory
> > 2. Modify it to shoe this line:
> >      exec /local/kde/bin/startkde
>
> You also need to set KDEDIR to the prefix where you
> installed kde.. and have
> the bin folder in your path.

  There is a very nice tutorial for this stuff -
http://developer.kde.org/build/build2ver.html. Please
check it out. It was initially written for earlier
versions of KDE but should pretty work for any version
of KDE. I think it will be advisable to create a
different user for this purpose to be on the safer
side. Happy compiling :)

   Cheers!

Regards,
Pradeepto

--
"(dir) www/ 485786 47 seconds dfaure Till is indian now." - David Faure