[KDE-india] KDE-india post from adam@kde.org requires approval

Pradeepto Bhattacharya pradeepto at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 12:21:59 CET 2005

Hi,

>    Taj, Pradeepto and I have come up with the attached little story, to be
posted
>   on the dot as soon as you guys ok it. We need some initial content for
>    in.kde.org, maybe something just pointing to the mailing list, the irc
>   channel and the photos, or something. Can anyone take care of that and
send
>    me the result sometime today? Then I could push out the press release.

   Ananth, since you were working on the website.  Here are my ideas on the
some of the sections for the website. Perhaps you already covered them but
just in case-

 0. Introduction
     How it all started at the FOSS.IN/2005 conf? Pretty much telling about
the BOF seesion.

1. Objectives/Misson
    Here we mention all about spreading kde in india.

2 . News
       News section , perhaps aggregate it from the dot.

3. Projects
     Projects that we plan to run , perhaps community based ones.

4. Links
      Important kde related links.
      Main KDE home page.- http://www.kde.org
      KDE international - http://www.kde.org/international/
      General Info - http://www.kde.org/info/
      People - http://www.kde.org/people/
      Developer - http://developer.kde.org/
      Documentation - http://docs.kde.org/
      Download - http://www.kde.org/download/

      KDE Apps - http://www.kde-apps.org/

5. Pictures
     Pictures of the - community starting with the ones from the conf.

      Any other link you think is cool with KDE.

 You will get some pictures from Swaroop's blog or here -
http://flickr.com/photos/swaroop/page4/ ( should be here unless he uploads
more photos ) . Plus you have couple of the pictures.

  Amit ( Amit Karpe), you took some pictures and he is on the list. Amit
could send the pictures you took please?. So did Pavitran. I am not quite
sure if Pavtiran is on the list yet.

  Ananth, I think we should surely mention Ramakrishna (coolrama) on the
website as he was one the Google SOC dudes and he did a fine job with some
KDE hacking. That will tell people especially students to actively take part
in KDE development. Donot forget to mention Taj and Till, thanks to them and
the nice KDE community we have fine infrastucture and that too official KDE
one in virtually no time at all.

  Folks, please do add your comments.

  Thanks for participating. Appreciate it.

Regards,
Pradeepto

--
Pradeepto Bhattacharya