[Kde-imaging] libkvkontakte depends on Qt 4.8

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Sun May 17 21:45:18 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I spent some time to put my library libkvkontakte in order. This
included bug fixing, appropriate changes according to the newest
version of the VK web API and adding unit tests.

Another commit I have just pushed removes the files mpform.* in favor
of my own code for HTTP multi-part requests using
QHttpMultiPart/QNetworkAccessManager. I moved away from mpform.{cpp,h}
because these files are licensed under GPL v2 and thus cannot be mixed
in a library that could be licensed under LGPL otherwise.
QHttpMultiPart is available since Qt 4.8 and it makes libkvkontakte
depend on Qt version 4.8.

Because the library libkvkontakte is used by the VK [1] export KIPI
plugin and was initially done for it, you may want to know about this
new dependency. We can still revert the change for now if it
complicates releasing of digiKam too much.

Also, I was thinking of releasing libkvkontakte separately from
digiKam SC. Is it possible that digiKam SC 4.11.0 or 4.12.0 will
depend on libkvkontakte _externally_, or is it too late to intoduce
new dependencies in 4.x releases?

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VK_(social_networking_website)

--
Alexander Potashev