[Kde-imaging] QtRaw, a Qt image plugin using libraw

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 11:28:18 UTC 2013

Hi Aureilien,

libkdcraw, which use last available libraw (i'm in contact with libraw
author), is just that you need. libkdcraw provide a simple QImage based
method to load Raw preview (JPEG embeded image) or a reduced version of
demosaiced RAW.

https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdegraphics/libs/libkdcraw

There is also another project which plug a QImageLoader in KDE to be able
to open RAW formats to all KDE application. It use libkdcraw. Look here :

https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdegraphics/kdegraphics-thumbnailers/repository/revisions/master/show/raw

In other words : no need to re-invent the wheel (:=)))...

Best

Gilles Caulier