[Kde-imaging] QtRaw, a Qt image plugin using libraw

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Thu Feb 28 11:18:49 UTC 2013

Hi,

I was recently pointed out to https://github.com/mardy/qtraw . A Qt image
plugin which uses libraw to load raw files. I contributed a bit to it, and I
am now able to load .arw images with Gwenview.

The main thing missing is that right now the .desktop file lists only one
mimetype: image/x-sony-arw. I know very little about raw files, so I don't
know what would make sense to add there. Can you help?

More on file formats: the plugin announces itself as supporting the following
formats:  cr2, arw, nef, raf and dng. The list is hardcoded in
RawPlugin::keys(). Is there something smarter to do there (like getting such a
list from libraw)?

The plugin also does something weird in RawPlugin::capabilities(), adding tif
format there. I am not sure this is a good idea.

Anyway, your feedback on this is welcome. It would be nice if we can get
distributions to ship this plugin, but before pushing distros to package it, I
want to make sure it does not interfer with existing raw support in digiKam
and other imaging applications.