[Kde-imaging] build kipi-plugins on ubuntu

Markus Schlichting m.schlichting at mynethome.de
Wed Oct 10 20:18:17 UTC 2012

Am 04.10.2012 19:18, schrieb Benjamin Girault:
> Le 4 oct. 2012 18:09, "Markus Schlichting"
> <m.schlichting at mynethome.de> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Have you run "kbuilbsyscoca" after "make install"? This step scans the
>>> system for any KDE plugin and create some kind of database for softwares
>>> that rely on the KDE plugins, such as digiKam, to be able to load them.
>>
>> Thanks for the hint. I tried to run this command but it didn't help
>> anything, the export menu is still empty. :(
>
> Just to be sure, the command is actually "kbuildsycoca4" and not
> "kbuilbsyscoca" (sorry for that). Also, did you run it as a regular
> user (i.e. not as root)?
>
> About the debug trace from the console Gilles was talking about, it is
> still useful to us even if no error show up. You can type "digikam &>
> debugtrace.txt" in a console, then once digiKam has started close it
> and send us the file "debugtrace.txt".

Hi Benjamin,
hi Gilles,

sorry I didn't reply earlier, but finally, I have some time to get back
to this :-)
I did as you described and got output file

 http://mynethome.de/digikam_debugtrace.txt

I think, the problem manifests in

digikam(19104)/KIPI (loading) KIPI::PluginLoader::init: Plugin  "Remote
Gallery Export" has a SO version ( 0 ) which is different than libkipi
ABI version ( 10 ).  Refusing to load.

I build libkipi, kipi-plugins and digikam from the sources with cmake.
What might be the reason for the different SO versions?

Markus