[Kde-imaging] build kipi-plugins on ubuntu

Benjamin Girault benjamin.girault at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 17:18:36 UTC 2012

Le 4 oct. 2012 18:09, "Markus Schlichting"
<m.schlichting at mynethome.de> a écrit :
> Am 03.10.2012 23:22, schrieb Benjamin Girault:
> >> Where can I look further?
> >
> > Have you run "kbuilbsyscoca" after "make install"? This step scans the
> > system for any KDE plugin and create some kind of database for softwares
> > that rely on the KDE plugins, such as digiKam, to be able to load them.
>
> Thanks for the hint. I tried to run this command but it didn't help
> anything, the export menu is still empty. :(

Just to be sure, the command is actually "kbuildsycoca4" and not
"kbuilbsyscoca" (sorry for that). Also, did you run it as a regular
user (i.e. not as root)?

About the debug trace from the console Gilles was talking about, it is
still useful to us even if no error show up. You can type "digikam &>
debugtrace.txt" in a console, then once digiKam has started close it
and send us the file "debugtrace.txt".

--
Benjamin.