[Kde-imaging] gwenview, nepomuk -- keywords lost?!

Kristian Rink kawazu428 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 21:13:26 UTC 2012

Folks;

are there any known issues related to gwenview+nepomuk "losing keywords"?
Spent quite a while adding keywords to images, throughout the last two weeks,
and eventually at some point felt that there were less keywords attached to
images than eventually should. I kept bit of an eye on that and eventually,
right now, experienced a situation just like that: Entered an image folder in
gwenview, CTRL+A to select all images (48 JPGs), CTRL+T, added a new keyword.

Outcome:

- Selecting any of the images in that folder and pressing CTRL+T again shows
nothing. The list of keywords added to this image is empty.

- Same way, using Python/Nepomuk, it seems there's nothing about these image
files stored in the Nepomuk store, at least no keywords.

- The list of keywords in gwenview, by then, does display the keyword I tried
to add to the images, however while accessing it, it either says "0 documents
found" or nothing at all.

Hmmmmmm. Strange, and a bit annoying as it renders the keyword facility quite
a bit unreliable. Playing with this a bit, it also doesn't seem to depend too
much upon the amount of images to be selected or the amount of tags to be
added to these at once. Is there any way of tracking this down or debugging
this? Is this a known issue, or is it just me / my system?

TIA and all the best,
Kristian