[Kde-imaging] Problems understanding libkipi API

Johannes Zarl isilmendil at gmx.net
Tue Nov 27 23:22:39 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm currently overhauling libkipi-support in kphotoalbum for the new
libkipi-2.0 release. Generally, I have to say that the documentation has
gotten much better since previous releases.

However, I'm not entirely sure about which KIPI::Features [1] I should
advertise via KIPI::Interface::features(). Especially the following enum
members are somewhat cryptic to me:

CollectionsHaveCategory:
"This feature specifies that collections are category associated to them
('travels', 'friends', 'monuments', etc.)."
-> Does this mean that the host application understands a collection to be
defined by a common category/tag/keyword? Somehow the description doesn't
really make sense to me...

Furthermore the table in [1] has 16 enum members, but only 15 descriptions,
making the whole thing misaligned and hard to read.

As a side-note: are there any kipi plugins that make use of tags and ratings?
The standard-plugins that I tried seem to only use the comment attribute...

Cheers,
  Johannes

[1] http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdegraphics-
apidocs/libs/libkipi/libkipi/html/namespaceKIPI.html#a6e86fe4b8b1a9345c172005b5193e3bd