[Kde-imaging] Kipi plugin

Dmitry Ashkadov dmitry.ashkadov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 15:12:55 UTC 2012

Hello!

Unfortunately, IMHO digiKam isn't user-friendly. It has too difficult
and bulky interface. I can't go to next image because arrow keys doesn't
work. I can decrease size of image using Ctrl+-, but I can't increase
its size, because Ctrl++ is Ctrl+Shift+=. I don't really need albums and
database of images. Settings of JPEG200 encoder from BQM are very poor
(very strange quality control parameter).

KIPI uses IM. So, only one way remain: IM.

How KDE Applications open jp2 files? Set of applications (kolourpaint,
okular, gwenview) can open jp2, but all use Jasper. Is it possible to
make KDE applications using openjpeg?