[Kde-imaging] Re: kolourpaint + kipi

Michael G. Hansen mike at mghansen.de
Sun Jan 23 19:37:17 CET 2011

On 01/22/2011 02:02 PM, Martin Koller wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> my name is Martin Koller and I'm currently in the process of reviving kolourpaint
> as announced on kde-graphics-devel and I'm also thinking of integrating
> the kipi-plugin mechanism into it.
>
> But currently I'm not sure if the kipi-plugins are a useful addition
> for kolourpaint, as AFAIK the plugins act on a set of images (files ?)
> but kolourpaint is more for editing single files, without having the
> concept of an "image collection".
>
> Are kipi-plugins only meant to act on files or is there also an interface
> which allows to create a plugin acting directly on a QImage, e.g. to
> apply some effect (mirroring, rotating to name the simplest ...) ?
>
> Also I did not find some tutorial what I need to implement for the integration.
> Is there one or do I need to look at some other app which is using kipi
> already to see how it works ?

You can compile the doxygen documentation of libkipi, which has some
getting started infos on its main page. If you need a very simple sample
application, have a look at the kipicmd program in the
kipi-plugins/project/kipicmd folder:

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/kipi-plugins/project/kipicmd/

You may also want to have a look at the kipi interface in digikam:

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/utilities/kipiiface/

Michael