[Kde-imaging] Re: [Digikam-devel] Re: Git migration for 2.0.0 + code components re-structuring...

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Thu Dec 9 15:35:10 CET 2010

giovedì 9 dicembre 2010 alle 12:31, Gilles Caulier ha scritto:
> Martin,
>
> this is exactly the purpose of my proposal, to create a digiKam
> package including kipi-plugins and shared libs.
Please don't.
When we decided to be part of kdegraphics we knew that we needed to
depend on the stable branch or on then unstable trunk. We can't now
have two libkipi & co. and two kipi-plugins & co. that *doesn't*
help packagers, because they have to decide, having a stable kdegraphics
or an unstable part of it. But what it worst, is that if they use
the unstable part (e.g. digikam rebuilt-trunk or whatever one) they
have to rebuild kdegraphics part that depends on it anyway... that's
a mess imo. So a normal packager backport from trunk is better, imo.