[Kde-imaging] Plugin Writing Docs?

Hadmut Danisch hadmut at danisch.de
Tue Apr 6 10:49:32 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 08:44:51PM +0200, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> You can find documention in libkipi API about how to use methods from
> this library to get information from KIPI host application as
> digiKam

Where exactly would I find "in libkipi API" ?

> About plugins template code, there is no one, but code is very similar
> between all already existing. You can create new one using current
> code from Facebook or Picasaweb tool. Please use current code from svn
> trunk.

I'll check that.

> Question : you plan to write a plugin to do what ?

This depends on what the API is able to do.

Some tasks I have in mind:

* I have some proprietary image conversion skripts that I'd like to
  call

* I need to export some images to blogs and professional image agencys

* The geolocation plugin has a flaw, I did not yet find a way to
  geolocate JPG images without altering (just put the location in the
  database as with raw images - it's so scary that images shrink by
  geolocation and spoils any backup strategy)

* In general I'd like to write an adapter to scripting, i.e. just a
  plugin that calls a Ruby interpreter that itself can execute
  anything written in Ruby

* I did not yet find a proper way to prepare an external slide show
  with digikam

regards
Hadmut