[Kde-imaging] facebook code sharing

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Sep 18 17:23:35 CEST 2009

[Apologies for not CC'ing original users but gmane obsfucated the
addresses - I've tried to CC them with the strang addresses - will see
if gmane sends them on!)

'Twas brillig, and Gilles Caulier at 18/09/09 07:05 did gyre and gimble:
> Also, the web access library must not limited to flickr like web
> service. Picasa web, gallery, and other services which use different
> protocol, must be handle. It's not simple...

As I have oft stated (but continually failed completely to get anything
going beyond a simple demo), I strongly recommend using Akonadi for this.

Akonadi provides the perfect infrastructure for caching remote
collections of images while providing a great framework to provide
individual implementations for different protocols etc. It will also
allow all applications who want to interact with these services (e.g.
screen savers, plasma applets etc.) a very easy path for integration and
with some degree of offline/detached access.

My time is totally swallowed with other projects but I'd be more than
happy to set aside time to discuss this on IRC. I've had some really
great and encouraging discussions with the Akonadi people in the past
about this and feel that implementing something separate from this
structure would be very much missing a trick!

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie