[Kde-imaging] printimages optionpage (help needed)

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Mon May 18 00:08:56 CEST 2009

On Saturday 16 May 2009 00:45:21 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> Angelo Naselli wrote:
> > Hi
> > I've released, i'f i'm not mistaken printimages full funcionalities now.
> > I need help to fix gui though, i will test it on my netbook, but i'm
> > almost sure is too big. Can some designer guru help me?
>
> I finally worked on it this evening. Please test attached patch.
great thanks!

> A few remarks:
> - The intro page is not useful, it should go IMHO.
I kept it because of old compatibility, we can remove it i agree.

> In the "Info Page":
> - I think the "Captions" combobox should be turn into a set of
> QRadioButtons. This is left as an exercise for the maintainer :)
hmm yes, but that should require more room, or am i wrong?
> - The lineedit + browse button should be replaced with a KUrlRequester
> widget
agree.

> In the "Photo Page":
> - The way to print an image multiple times is not really intuitive. I
> suggest adding a second column to the "Print order" list, and make this
> column editable with an inline QSpinBox.
Otoh that does not allow to move one duplicated photo in another position...

> - I turned the "up", "down", "<" and ">" buttons into QToolButton to
> easily enable turn them into arrows, but it would probably be better to
in kde 3 iirc it was with kde icons, but i was not able to do that in kde
4.1..
> Is it OK to commit?
I trust you and you can always commit your changes, anyway i've found
that photo page does not work very well...
- up and down seem to be reverted, but i'm not sure it's your fault...
  i seem to remember i've fixed something like that time ago...
- increasing number of photos (multiple times of an image) is odd,
  it seems to me it receives the signal more times...
  that sounds like a regression instead.

You forgot printoptionspage.ui, that was the reason of my call :p

Anyway print assistant seems better with your changes -even if
i'd like to check it on my netbook- so go on, i will fix problems after...
i'm a bit tired now

Thanks for your help,
  Angelo

P.S. if we meet next code sprint, i'll take qt-designer lessons ;)