[Kde-imaging] KIPI Import plugin for web service

Luka Renko lure at kubuntu.org
Sun Jan 11 14:08:40 CET 2009

Hello,

After completing SmugMug export plugin, I would like to add Import
functionality for SmugMug to KIPI.

Idea is that user could select SmugMug albums, his/hers or from other users
and that all images would be downloaded to specific local directory.

As KIPI works with collections, it looks like I would need to offer to user
the target directory my listing all collections and then get destination
directory through colection->uploadPath(). But I am not sure how user could
create new folder/album for download.
Do I understand it correctly, that there is no way to add new
collection/album/folder through KIPI?
For Digikam, I could offer just regular create directory folder on the right
starting path (root of digikam photos), and then digikam would pick this
photos (autodetect) when they would appear in this folder. But this does not
seems like universal solution.

Also, there is no way for KIPI plugin to update name/comment of image
collection (for example with name/comment from SmugMug album)?

Regards,
Luka