[Kde-imaging] (No more) batch plugins in kipi

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Thu Feb 19 15:48:42 CET 2009

Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Batch Queue Manager is developed in digiKam core for multiple reason:
[snip valid reasons]

OK, I see your point.

> I'm sure you can do something similar in Gwenview
>
> But for kipi, i have others plan : export widget + background process
> code from all defined batch plugis to be able to use it in a dedicated
> manager defined in the host and based on a extended api from libkipi.
> Typicaly, i will use a part of implementation from current Batch Queue
> Manager and put it to likipi. I will patch some plugins as
> DngConverter to export settings widget and DNG converter core to be
> able to use it in Batch Queue Manager as if it have been implemented
> in digiKam core.
>
> Of course, stand alone version of current batch plugins will still
> available, nothing change for Gwenview.
>
> For the moment Batch Queue Manager work, but not yet perfect. I will
> not touch libkipi for the moment and i will wait to have a more stable
> implementation.

This sounds good. I think it would be a good idea if I port the batch
plugin meanwhile:
- It will provide users with a feature they miss until the new
infrastructure is there.
- It will be easier to refactor the code to integrate in the new
infrastructure if it is already using KDE4.

What do you think about this?