[Kde-imaging] (No more) batch plugins in kipi

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Tue Feb 17 14:43:14 CET 2009

Hello,

I just saw Gilles post about the new Batch Queue Manager in Digikam.
This looks great, but I am quite sad this was not developed inside KIPI,
as I thought it would be at some point [1].

Was there any technical problem preventing the development of this
feature inside KIPI? I initially wanted to get a simple port of the
batch plugin done. I did not port it seeing as the Batch Queue Manager
looked much more useful. I should probably have asked about how things
were evolving sooner.

I understand most of the work going into KIPI is done by Digikam devs
these days, while devs from other applications (counting them... mmm...
oh, there's only me :/, or am I wrong?) do not spend enough time on it,
but this is not going to improve as more code is leaving from KIPI to
Digikam.

Aurélien

[1]: http://markmail.org/thread/4gx5o6zyedf2rwfh