[Kde-imaging] New printimages plugin

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 10:31:18 CET 2009

2009/2/17 Angelo Naselli <anaselli at linux.it>

> Hi,
> I've just enabled new printimages plugin, it should
> implement printassistant and printimages as two
> different actions belonging to the same plugin.
>
> I haven't removed the printwizard code so that Gilles
> can revert my changes for final is something goes wrong.
>
> At the moment i've realized a good behaviour with qt 4.5,
> almost all settings from assistant are stored into print dialog, so
> maybe that one could be maintained again :)
> As far as i can say i'd like to take both, the first to drive people to
> the printdialog and the latter as a powerfull printdialog that is more like
> the one used by host applications, but that can manage more than one
> pictures :)
>
> Right now, i've seen a bad behavior that i cannot understand why :/
> all the menu entries for printing (print images and print assistant)
> are shown twice... Gilles have i used wrongly
> actionCollection()->addAction()
> code?

Nothing is wrong in your code. You have just old instance of print plugins
on your computer and there are loaded by kipi host.

We have see the same problem before with smug export plugin.
disabling these old plugins from kipi host loading method is the ultimate
solution. We need to know the plugins object name to use here.

http://lxr.kde.org/source/extragear/graphics/digikam/digikam/digikamapp.cpp#2181