[Kde-imaging] 23hq export plugin

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 09:33:02 CET 2009

Il Tuesday 10 February 2009 23:02:29 Angelo Naselli ha scritto:
> Il martedì 10 febbraio 2009 19:10:07 Daniel Isenmann ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> > it's the first time I contribute/post to this mailinglist. I have
> > searched through the bugtracker and haven't found an entry for this
> > topic, so here it comes.
> >
> > I'm using 23hq (http://www.23hq.com), it's a online photo community like
> > flickr. Like flickr, it uses nearly the same API as flickr for the
> > communication with their webservice.
> >
> > For the first proof-of-concept I have modified the existing
> > flickr-export plugin from kipi to communicate with 23hq. It works
> > without problems on my computer, but I have to do some further
> > refactoring of the source code. It's heavily based on the flickr-export
> > plugin, not to say it's nearly the same with some small changes.
> >
> > After the refactoring, I will post the plugin to this mailinglist, to
> > any other person or the bugtracker. What is the official way for a new
> > plugin? Is there an official document, how to submit new plugins, etc.?
> >
> > I hope that their was no effort of another person who wants to implement
> > this plugin. If so, let my know.
>
> Writing here it's ok, but open a bug-report with patches should be better.
> Anyway even if i always dream a common export plugin one day will
> be done (col don't hide yourself someone is thinking of you :p ), you can
> also contact  Andrea, Colin, Vardhman or Gilles for that.
>
> Thanks for contributing,
>
> 	Angelo

Hi Daniel, and welcome aboard!!
I never heard about someone working on hq23 plugin. So feel free to work on.
Anyway, pls DON'T change APIs in your refactoring. If we have a chance to have
one day a unique "export plugin", that's the way.
I'm not sure we can add this plugin now. We need to know what Gilles says.
And post the plugin here (or somewhere else) when it's ready.

Please read this (http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute).
See you soon,

--
Andrea Diamantini