[Kde-imaging] KDE-imaging Coding Sprint event 2009

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 18:17:26 CEST 2009

2009/8/30 Marcel Wiesweg <marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de>:
>> As previous year, Angelo and me we want to organize a Coding Sprint
>> between all developers who contribute to KDE Imaging project.
>
> If I remember correctly, it is KDE policy to encourage inviting developers who
> have only recently started contributing or who have not yet met personally
> with the team.
> The latter but not the former of course applies to Andi (you certainly do
> come, dont you? ;-)  ).
>
> Some new people we could think of inviting:
> - the French students writing image plugins?
> - Patrick Spendrin for the Windows port?
> - Holger Foerster working on MySQL port?
> - Torsten Rahn or someone else from the Marble team?
> - Mikolaj as our community manager? Testing, mockups, ideas, feedback.
> - we recently got some patches from Michael G. Hansen, I'm not sure if he is
> involved with some other development team
>
> Inviting someone external would imply that he is working on a task during the
> meeting which is either a clearly defined subtask of KDE imaging, or on a
> component that we use or intend to use.
> Just some ideas.

Marcel, you is right of course. We need to invite recents contributors
to this event. Posting it in this room is not the right way, because
i'm not sure if all peoples are registered to this mailing list.

A post in front of digikam.org with a dispatch with RSS feed around
the world is certainly the best way...