[Kde-imaging] digikam-0.10.0 for production/release

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Oct 29 17:25:57 CET 2008

Gilles Caulier wrote:

> as i have already said, digiKam 0.10.0 is currently in beta release and
> not stable. it's stupid to include it in Mandriva as official and stable
> version because it must not be used in production. I specify this point in
> release announce.

You mean the comment: "Take care, it's always a BETA code with many of new
bugs not yet fixed... Do not use yet in production..."
I had assumed this comment only refered to *this release (0.10.0 beta4)*,
not to 0.10.0 in general.

I ask for clarification, because Fedora 10 plans on shipping digikam-0.10.0
too (whatever latest is available within the next 2-3 weeks), and pulling
that out would put us in a huge bind, since it currently isn't possible to
ship a parallel-installable kde3/kde4 kipi stack (in the same prefix
anyway).

I'll happily defer to upstream opinions here (esp since I've asked before),
but be aware that changing things *now* will result in more than a wee bit
of grumpiness on my part.

-- Rex