[Kde-imaging] Digikam + Kipi + Export and/or Sync to web services (and other such stuff)

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Wed Oct 29 11:11:48 CET 2008

First of all apologize for this ot.

> as i have already said, digiKam 0.10.0 is currently in beta release and not
> stable. it's stupid to include it in Mandriva as official and stable version
> because it must not be used in production. I specify this point in release
> announce.
I don't mean that, but i'm quite sure time ago you said to mandriva people
digikam final should have been released within mandriva 2009.0.

> We have released a stable version for KDE3 : 0.9.4. this one must be used in
> production. I don't know why Mandriva force use to use unstable version of
> program, especially with digiKam. KDe3 version can be used without problem
> under KDE4. There are some others KDE3 programs installed in Mandriva 2009.0
> under KDE4 desktop as K3b or konversation. Why not digiKam ?
Ok that's my fault, i could have added it in contribs. but it's not easy since libkipi & libCo
have changed their library versioning (don't mean the number you use in pc file).
Anyway people wants kde4 and mandriva push it up. That helps a lot kde developers
since it is into a distro.

> Also, if you want to unbreak binary compatibility with current
> kdegraphics/libs installed by default from KDE 4.1.2 under Mandriva and use
Mandriva has already done it as you know. And i believe will do again, I'm not helio
though. The point is how can you have feed backs from normal users if they can't install
your package since it depends on kde trunk? Please don't say build kdegraphics and then
digikam/kipi-plugins. So i believe we need to take that in account...
But maybe that is only a problem of mine... I do hope other distro packagers tell their
opinion here....