[Kde-imaging] reflexion about kipi-plugins port to Windows...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 16:22:36 CEST 2008

2008/10/22 Markus Leuthold <kusi at forum.titlis.org>

> Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > - libX11 => Slideshow and ImageViewer are disable.
> >
> > ==> there is a plan to remove this depency ? Valerio, Markus ?
> >
> I'm not sure why imageviewer needs to depend on X11 at all, I don't use
> any x11 specific commands. All relevant commands are abstracted from the
> platform by QT or OpenGL.
> The only issue in porting to win32 which comes to my mind is switching
> to fullscreen. QWidget::isFullScreen() is considered to be broken, I
> have to replace that with what's noted on kde techbase. also
> QWidget::showFullScreen() seems to have platform specific issues
> according to TT documentation

ok.

> I've never tried to compile it under win32,

I can do it for you. See below after to have commented X11 depency with
imageviewer:

[ 50%] Built target kipiplugins
[ 50%] Building CXX object
kipi-plugins/imageviewer/CMakeFiles/kipiplugin_imageviewer.dir/viewerwidget.obj
In file included from
C:\KDE4\src\devel\graphics\kipi-plugins\imageviewer\viewerwidget.h:28,
                 from
C:\KDE4\src\devel\graphics\kipi-plugins\imageviewer\viewerwidget.moc:10,
                 from
C:\KDE4\src\devel\graphics\kipi-plugins\imageviewer\viewerwidget.cpp:27:
C:/KDE4/include/QtOpenGL/qgl.h:111: warning: inline function `const char*
qGLVersion()' declared as dllimport: attribute
 ignored
C:\KDE4\src\devel\graphics\kipi-plugins\imageviewer\viewerwidget.cpp: In
member function `virtual void KIPIviewer::Viewe
rWidget::initializeGL()':
C:\KDE4\src\devel\graphics\kipi-plugins\imageviewer\viewerwidget.cpp:168:
error: `GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_ARB' was not decl
ared in this scope
C:\KDE4\src\devel\graphics\kipi-plugins\imageviewer\viewerwidget.cpp: In
member function `void KIPIviewer::ViewerWidget:
:drawImage(KIPIviewer::Texture*)':
C:\KDE4\src\devel\graphics\kipi-plugins\imageviewer\viewerwidget.cpp:276:
error: `GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_NV' was not decla
red in this scope
C:\KDE4\src\devel\graphics\kipi-plugins\imageviewer\viewerwidget.cpp: In
member function `void KIPIviewer::ViewerWidget:
:downloadTex(KIPIviewer::Texture*)':
C:\KDE4\src\devel\graphics\kipi-plugins\imageviewer\viewerwidget.cpp:453:
error: `GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_NV' was not decla
red in this scope
make[2]: ***
[kipi-plugins/imageviewer/CMakeFiles/kipiplugin_imageviewer.dir/viewerwidget.obj]
Error 1
make[1]: ***
[kipi-plugins/imageviewer/CMakeFiles/kipiplugin_imageviewer.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Note : GLU and OPenGL are properly detected here (SlideShow plugin which
depand of this compile fine).