[Kde-imaging] reflexion about kipi-plugins port to Windows...

Markus Leuthold kusi at forum.titlis.org
Wed Oct 22 16:00:23 CEST 2008

Gilles Caulier wrote:
> - libX11 => Slideshow and ImageViewer are disable.
>
> ==> there is a plan to remove this depency ? Valerio, Markus ?

I'm not sure why imageviewer needs to depend on X11 at all, I don't use
any x11 specific commands. All relevant commands are abstracted from the
platform by QT or OpenGL.
The only issue in porting to win32 which comes to my mind is switching
to fullscreen. QWidget::isFullScreen() is considered to be broken, I
have to replace that with what's noted on kde techbase. also
QWidget::showFullScreen() seems to have platform specific issues
according to TT documentation

I've never tried to compile it under win32, looks like I have to catch
up with this task...

best,
Markus