[Kde-imaging] Making a smugmug export plugin

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 19:09:57 CEST 2008

2008/10/7 Andrea Diamantini <adjam7 at gmail.com>

> On Tuesday 07 October 2008 10:47:07 Colin Guthrie wrote:
> > One of the things we're hoping to complete as a result of a coding
> > sprint at the end of the month in Genoa[1] is a common structure for
> > exporting from host applications.
> >

> > At present there are several "export" plugins but they all work slightly
> > different and, more importantly, have a different UI. This is not ideal
> > for users, so the idea is to unify this into a common framework such
> > that a standard UI and "account" management structure can be written for
> > exporting to e.g. Flickr, Gallery, Facebook, PicassaWeb, and, I guess,
> > smugmug!
> >
> > The exact implementation of how this will work is not yet finalised, but
> > I am preparing some material to get things kick started and will post
> > onto this list in a couple days.
>
> I'm playing a little bit with the code while completing gallery-export to
> present something at Genova Meeting.
> Having something to start with should be a good idea..
> --

Andrea, Colin,

There is another subject relevant of export to web service plugins : the way
to embed remote content directly in kipi host application.

Try to use last Picasa beta 3 for Linux. When you want to use picasa web
from main interface, you can see remote albums in folder view as local
folders. When you select remote album, content is displayed in icon view.
This is exactly what i want to plan for the future.

This is want mean that picasaweb, flickr, gallery plugin dialogs will
disapears... if host can embed plugins...

This require to modify libkipi in the same way that i have improved the
digiKam image editor plugin interface to be able to embed plugin dialogs in
main view, using sidebar and widget stack:

http://www.digikam.org/drupal/node/370

Gilles Caulier