[Kde-imaging] libkipi and libksane to kdegraphics?

Kåre Särs kare.sars at kolumbus.fi
Sun May 4 17:27:02 CEST 2008

On Sundayen den 4 May 2008 16:47:44 Angelo Naselli wrote:
> domenica 04 maggio 2008, Kåre Särs ha scritto:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi
>
> > When I was about to move libksane to kdegraphics I noticed that Gwenview
> > depends on libkipi from extragear-libs.
>
> gwenview does not depend on libkipi, it just builds with
> kipi support to use kipi-plugins if libkipi is present.

Yes it is not a hard dependency, but if extragear is not compiled prior to
kdegraphics (Gwenview) there will be no kipi-plugin support in Gwenview.

If on the other hand extragear-libs is compiled before kdegraphics, there will
not be a libksane for the kipi-plugin 'acquireimages' (if libksane is in
kdegraphics).

> > This prevents the moving of libksane
> > to kdegraphics since kipi-plugins (separate, but also part of
> > extragear-libs) depends on libksane.
>
> the problem here i believe is that libksane needs libkipi, while gwenview
> can build without.

Maybe you meant acquireimages :) linksane has no dependency on libkipi.

--
Kåre Särs