[Kde-imaging] Reg feature developement for kipi-plugins

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Sat Jun 7 00:01:40 CEST 2008

venerdì 06 giugno 2008, Vardhman Jain ha scritto:
> Hi,
>       I was wondering about how the feature development work for plugins
> once we have two branches i.e the KDE 4 branch and the KDE 3 branch.  Is the
> developer responsible for developing the feature on both or one of the
> branches, which one ?
Plugin's maintainers should take care of that, if they chose to add new feature
into kde3 as well they are wellcome, but i believe new features will be done on kde4
for the most ;)

> When we say the plugin code is KDE 4 compliant do we mean that for the
> version in KDE 4 branch or do we backport the changes to the older version
> in KDE 3 branch too ?
Well kde4 are quite different compared to kde3 so it's hard to think a kde4
compliant thing is fully backporting compatible. Anyway it's up to maintainer
chosing how to work on, imo.