[Kde-imaging] Reg feature developement for kipi-plugins

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 13:02:03 CEST 2008

2008/6/6 Vardhman Jain <vardhman at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>       I was wondering about how the feature development work for plugins
> once we have two branches i.e the KDE 4 branch and the KDE 3 branch.  Is the
> developer responsible for developing the feature on both or one of the
> branches, which one ?

Maintener work on both branches.

This is how i works :

1/ i fix bugs in KDE3 but i don't implement new main features.
2/ when code is clean in KDE3, i port plugin to KDE4
3/ if bug are found from KDE4 branches, i backport fix to KDE3 and vis versa
4/ new main features must be implemented in KDE4.

> When we say the plugin code is KDE 4 compliant do we mean that for the
> version in KDE 4 branch or do we backport the changes to the older version
> in KDE 3 branch too ?

see my previous comments...

Best