[Kde-imaging] Flickr uploader for digikam - authentication procedure problems?

Thomas Sperre thomas.sperre at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 23:31:08 CET 2008

Hi
I am using digikam 0.9.2-final (KDE 3.5.8) on kubuntu 7.10, 64  bit machine.
Kipi Library version 0.1.5.

One of the things I really liked with the newer versions of digikam is the
possibility to batch export lots of images to Flickr. I like this because I
have a plan of moving to 2 other countries within the next three years, and
the last time I moved to another country my entire cargo including all my
original stored copies and backups was sent to the wrong side of our planet.
After spending several months at sea, only 1 of my computers worked upon
arrival in the US, and that was only after I replaced the motherboard...

So, I learned that sending my valued photos to a web service for storage and
also for sharing with friends, amy be well worth it.

I have now configured the flickr account and all worked well for a while, but
when I finally got to the point were I had tagged a lot of images in and was
ready to upload "the major batch" it appears that a problem between the
authentication mechanisms in flickr and digikam flickr uploader has come into
existence. i don't know why, but maybe there has been a change in the flickr
api?

The error message says: "Error Occured: Invalid signature"
We can not proceed further.

Does anybody have a good solution/workaround for this problem? This is my
backup solution and having seen all my pictures nearly go down the drain
once, I have realized it is important for me to get this up and running as
soon as possible.

Are there currently any development on the plugin?

was advised that kde-imaging at kde.org would be the correct place to post it,
because it deals with a kipi plugin).
--
Thomas