[Kde-imaging] libkexiv2: breaks backward compatitiliby? WAS: extragear/libs/libkexiv2

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed May 9 23:51:18 CEST 2007

Angelo Naselli wrote:
>> Regardless it will mean we can rebuild the dependant apps and everything
>> will eventually work. Is this the desired effect?

> Yep, unfortunately it is. And since we have that problem in cooker we can di that
> without care, but this problem makes me thinking we should pay attention next
> time to avoid that...

Yeah I guess. Easy to slip through the net tho'.

Gimme a shout either here or via mail or via cooker ML if you want me to
officially release 0.1.5 to cooker and do the rebuilds. Happy to do so.

One question tho', should I bump the major in the package? It would make
it libkexiv21-0.1.5 (as opposed to current libkexiv20-0.1.4) It is my
understanding that libkexiv2.so.0 is major 0 and libkexiv2.so.1 is major
1 but perhaps my understanding here is not quite complete here ;)

Col.