[Kde-imaging] Ugly hack for am_edit for libkdcraw-ABI_MAJOR.mo

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Fri Jun 15 12:31:53 CEST 2007

On Friday, 15. June 2007, Achim Bohnet wrote:
> On Friday, 15. June 2007, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> > Alle mercoledì 13 giugno 2007, Achim Bohnet ha scritto:
[...]
> WTF is rpm doing?  Sorry ;)
>
> 	make DESTDIR=/inst/to/this/path install
>
> is the recommended and right way since auto* tools are written and
> before linux was invented.
>
> > so it's installed in $buildroot/usr/bin :(
>
> that what one get's when one uses var for stuff they were never
> designed for :(
>
> > and then in /usr/bin into the binary package.
> > I'll try to patch my soec file for this release but
> > we need a better solution
>
> Slap rpm until it RTFM :)
>
> Seriously:  Either tweak rpm to only use simply use only
> DESTDIR or mv the bin in the spec to the right dir, or,
> well, argl, shudder fix a hack with another hack and
> use the install-hooks ;)

FWIW: even install*hook get fixed by automake upstream if
they miss to support DESTDIR ;)

	http://sourceware.org/ml/automake/2001-05/msg00341.html

See also 12.4 (right below the install-*-hook description) and:

	http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#DESTDIR

and also 12.4, that is right below the install-*-hook description.

Achim