[Kde-imaging] KFlickr like kipi-plugins instead current FlickrExport plugin ?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 18:09:11 CEST 2007

2007/6/7, Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie>:

> Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > yes, from 'cooker'. but it a little out of date. like KDE4 API will be
> > frozen next monday (if i remember), i hope than kde4 package will be
> > updated at soon...
>
> Yeah that would be handy.
>
> I'm sure we can all work out what we need to be able to work safely!
>
> I think they co-exist happily anyway. I guess it'll be harder to work on
> e.g. kipi-plugins without a converted host application tho' :)
>
> I definately think we should break the KIPI API here tho'... it's just
> too handy a time not to do it!!

Without an host to perform test, this is not recommended...

We need to check if all work fine with the current API, like the KDE3 branch

So Gwenview port is under progress but it do not support kipi (the
application have be completly rewritted)

like libkipi/libkexiv2/and likdraw port is done in trunk, digiKam port will
be started just after 0.9.2-final release will be published.

I think than we need 1-2 month to port the code and test it indeep. Marcel
and me we will do it during this summer. If anyone is interressed to me us
in this task, you are welcome...

So when digiKam will be ported and tested, we can change API in libkipi as
well. Fine for you Colin ?